Below is the PRELIMINARY guide to studying for your biology midterm.
1. How to study: Ecology.
2. How to study: Evolution
3. How to study: Chemistry and Cells
Here’s what to review for your test:
- Class notes: http://biowithoutwalls.com/notes/
- The packet/chemistry notes and reading.
- Properties of water lab.
- Virtual microscopy assignment. (TWF only)
- Microscopy lab.
- Organelle chart.
- Cell size lab.
- Selective permeability and osmosis lab.
- Cell membrane models.
- Cell transport activity (passive and active transport).
- The following readings (already assigned!): bonding – 141-8; water – 152-3; diffusion 154-6; Membranes: 175-178; osmosis/transport – 195-203 (Up to “Cell reproduction”)
- Quizzes – Chemistry/bonding; properties of water; organelles; diffusion and selective permeability.
- The Jeopardy! review program: testreviewjeopardy_cell_membranes_2010_2011